Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Mind Wanders and Ponders

I took the last three days away from work. I didn’t even to bother to browse the cortex to go through the clients that have been petitioning for me. There just are some days when I need to retreat from work, to step back and resurvey the ‘Verse, and make a few plans on how to build my life and business further.

To occupy my mind during these last three days, I went and attended a few classes to expand my knowledge, to broaden my fields of expertise, to become more versatile in this ‘Verse. Yes, even a Companion House Priestess will still go to train further as our training is never done. I also spent some time doing yard work around the house, working on the boat pier and my garden, though a lot more work is still needed in the garden. That seems like a never ending project, but I figure if I work a little at a time, someday it too will help make me, and others, happy.


I did respond to a few distress calls, fighting reavers both on Hale’s Moon Monday evening, and then Tuesday evening in Blackburne, though I ended up taking a few serious injuries during each time. Wednesday, I did work my shift at Firefly’s, and after tipping my co-workers, I think I might have broke even *shrugs*, though I’m not worried about that.

What I do worry about is that one of my favorite girls, an outstanding pupil, quick to learn, and quick to mold her instructions into building her own life and business, has gone missing for a while. Hudson, where have you gone? Have you gone out and started your own House? Have you decided to forgo any further dealings as a Companion? This I do search the cortex for, but it’s like she has dropped out of the ‘Verse.

Oh yes, I almost forgot, Imrhien had suggested that I join with her and others to crew the ship Full Burn, and so I signed on, but have yet to hear when the Capt’n next plans on taking her out. Matter of fact, I haven’t even seen the whole crew together yet, but of course now Imrhien takes off by herself somewhere, so I don’t know if the crew is awaiting her return or even some word on her before we next shove off. Well, I guess I’ll just wait patiently to hear from the Captain or crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment